Transcultural Concepts in Nursing Care, Joyceen S. Boyle & Margaret M. Andrews. (2015), 7th edition.
- Chapters 9 – Creating Culturally Competent Health Care Organizations
- Chapters 12 – Cultural Diversity in the Health Care Workforce
Cultural Diversity and Care. Joan C. Engebretson
- Chapter 18 – Click here to view the chapter
- Overview First, read chapters 9 and 12 in your textbook, Transcultural Concepts in Nursing Care and chapter 18 Cultural Diversity and Care by Joan C. Engebretson. Then, answer the following questions:
- Define diversity in your own words.
- What are some benefits of a diverse health care workforce?
- What are some barriers to diversity in the nursing profession?
- Consider your own diverse cultural background. How does it affect the nursing care you provide?
Your initial post must be posted before you can view and respond to colleagues, must contain minimum of two (2) references, in addition to examples from your personal experiences to augment the topic. The goal is to make your post interesting and engaging so others will want to read/respond to it. Synthesize and summarize from your resources in order to avoid the use of direct quotes, which can often be dry and boring. No direct quotes are allowed in the discussion board posts.
- Initial Post: Minimum of two (2) total references: one (1) from required course materials and one (1) from peer-reviewed references.
- Initial Post: Minimum 200 words excluding references (approximately one (1) page)