Assignment 1: Critical Thinking Essay
The purpose of this assignment is to demonstrate your theoretical understanding of the psychological skills that lead to success in athletics. Read Critical Thinking Question in your textbook and answer the question in a 1-2 page essay that meets these additional requirements:
*QUESTION: Outline and propose your own psychological skills training program. At each step, explain your reasons and rationale.
- Clearly define each step and provide logical reasoning for the appropriateness of this skill with support from personal experience and relevant scholarly sources.
- Include why you chose each step in your rationale. Provide either personal experience and/or scholarly resources to defend your choice.
- Explain briefly the rationale for your overall plan, such as why you would develop the plan in the way you choose to do so.
- Briefly relate this plan to an experience in your past were it would have been applicable. If you do not have a relevant experience, briefly theorize of a real life situation were this plan would be applicable.
Write the analysis in 1–2 pages and present it in Microsoft Word document format
The questions are designed to help you elaborate your understanding of the material and I recommend reviewing all of them. A selection of these questions also appears on the Dialogue Forum. You are required to:
- respond to three of the questions I have selected for the Week 10 forum by Tuesday, July 12 (two extra days because of the Saturday exam).
- reply to at least two of the items posted on the Week 10 forum by your TA or by other students. However, these replies can be made as late as the following Sunday (July 17).
- If you haven’t already done so, you also need to reply to at least two posts in the Week 9 forum by Sunday, July 10 (no extra time here).
- Do you think that one’s decision to conform to a particular norm of society is more a matter of personality, or more a matter of the particular social situation in which one finds oneself? Why? Do you think the same is true of a decision not to conform? Do you think the same is true of a decision to obey or not obey the instruction of a superior? Explain.