Nursing practice is both an art and a science with caring as a central concept to nursing practice and the profession of nursing. Caring is influenced by the nurse’s knowledge, skills, and attitudes formed through lifelong learning and experiences. The purpose of this assessment is to explore definitions of caring in nursing. Students will create a definition of caring and an artistic expression of their perception on caring.
Through this assessment, the student will meet the following Course Outcomes.
CO 1: Examine roles and competencies of master’s-prepared nurses essential to performing as leaders and advocates of holistic, safe, and quality care.
CO 2: Apply concepts of person-centered care to nursing practice situations.
Criteria for Content
Take a moment to reflect on how you demonstrate caring in your current professional practice.
2. In a one- to two-page written paper, address the following.
1. The importance of caring to nursing practice and the profession
2. A personal definition of caring; include principles of holistic care
3. Definitions of caring found in nursing literature that support your perspective on caring
4. An explanation of the artistic expression you chose and how it represents caring
5. Summary of key concepts presented in the paper Preparing the paper
1. Application: Use Microsoft Word 2013™ to create the written component of this assessment.
1. The paper (excluding the title page and reference page) should be at least one but no more than two pages.
2. Artistic representation submitted as an 8X10 PDF or word document
3. A minimum of three (3) scholarly literature references must be used.
4. Submission: Submit your files labeled Lastname_First Initial_Wk2Assignment_Caring
Week 2: Artistic Expression of Caring Concept Rubric
|Week 2: Artistic Expression of Caring