Involvement in efforts to influence health care policy
The purpose of this week’s Discussion is to develop your systems thinking by making connections between the ACA provisions, The Future of Nursing Report recommendations and the principles of action /activism to guide nurses ‘ involvement in efforts to influence health care policy .
Outline the key aims /priorities of the ACA
Outline the key themes in the Future of Nursing Report and discuss their linkages to ACA (Affordable Care Act) aims/priorities
Please be sure to include at least one reference with in text citations that you found in your post.
Glassman, K., Rosenfeld, P. (2015). Data Makes the Difference: The Smart Nurse’s Handbook for Using Data to Improve Care. Silver Springs ,Maryland. American Nurses Association.
Duffy, J. (2013) Quality Caring in Nursing and Health Systems: Implications for Clinicians, Educators, and Leaders, New York. Springer Publishing Company.
American Psychological Association (2009). Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th Edition. Washington,D.C. American Psychological Association
RN ATI Capstone Content Review: Pharmacology Post-Assessment Focused, Individualized Review Assignment
1. What are anticholinergic adverse effects and what are nursing interventions/client education points related to these?
2. An oncology client has been prescribed fluorouracil (Adrucil) therapy. What is a potential adverse effect of this medication and nursing interventions to monitor for this effect?
3. A client with adrenocortical insufficiency (Addison’s disease) has been prescribed fludrocortisone (Florinef). What is an adverse effect of this medication and nursing interventions to monitor for this effect?
4. A client has been prescribed timolol (Timoptic). What are three (3) possible adverse effects of this medication and nursing interventions/client education related to these effects?
5. A nurse is placing an IV line on an older adult client. List three (3) considerations the nurse should take when placing an IV line in this client?
6. A nurse has an order to administered mannitol (Osmitrol) to a critical care client. What should the nurse expect following mannitol administration?
7. A nurse is preparing to administer a client’s 0900 oral medications. The hospital uses a unit-dose system. What action should the nurse take to ensure the right medication is administered to the client?
8. A nurse is preparing to administer codeine cough syrup to a client. What are three (3) contraindications for this medication?
9. A nurse is preparing to administer acetylcysteine (Mucomyst). What are indications for therapy?