Impressions of Nursing Informatics
Based on your readings this week, how has your impression of informatics, especially nursing informatics, changed?
Nursing informatics is a science that integrates nursing knowledge with technology in order to enhance clinical practice and to improve health care delivery for our patients. For our first discussion topic, we are going to discuss your impressions of nursing informatics. The course outcomes for week one are:
|CO 1: Define key terms in informatics, healthcare informatics, and nursing informatics.
|CO 2: Recognize the importance of synthesizing nursing science with computer, information, and cognitive sciences.
Nursing informatics combines many technological and personal components. Please reflect, based on your readings this week, how your impression of informatics, especially nursing informatics, have changed over time. Do you remember when you were you first introduced to the concept of nursing informatics? Did you believe nursing informatics was here to stay?
Please remember to include evidence based research to support your posts, and, use the APA 6th edition format to cite and reference from the literature
Political Awareness Paper in Nursing
- Select a professional organization in the nursing industry.
- Research a current political issue addressed through the organization.
- Write a 350- to 700-word paper in which you explain how nurse leaders can use professional organizations to stay aware of political actions in the nursing and health care industry and the importance of doing so.
- Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
|Content3 points possible
|· Explains how nurse leaders use professional organizations to stay informed of political actions in the nursing and health care industry.
|· Discusses importance of maintaining awareness of political actions related to the nursing and health care industry.
|Format2 points possible
|· Follows rules of grammar, usage, and punctuation· Has a structure that is clear, logical, and easy to follow
· Consistent with APA guidelines for formatting and citation of outside works