To prepare: Read the DSM-5 section on trauma and stressor-related disorders and review the Learning Resources on PTSD, disaster response, and trauma.Then search the literature for studies related to an evidence-based intervention used to treat those suffering from trauma and stressor-related issues. Specifically, locate the following:
- 1. One study on treating symptoms resulting from a national traumatic event (e.g., natural disaster, mass shooting, war)
- 2. One study on treating symptoms resulting from an interpersonal trauma (e.g., rape, childhood sexual molestation, domestic violence)
Then, Post a response in which you address the following:
- Post the APA references for the two studies you located.
- Provide a brief description of the traumatic events, including a summary of how they affected the individuals involved.
- Describe the interventions discussed in the articles and explain how they addressed the psychosocial issues and needs of the individuals affected by the trauma.
- Explain the effectiveness of the interventions, as stated in the articles.
- Analyze and discuss the similarities and differences in the individuals’ needs depending on whether the issues occurred due to a national traumatic event or an interpersonal trauma.