Chamberlain College of Nursing
RECORDED LACE PRESENTATION GUIDELINES & GRADING RUBRIC
The purpose of this assignment is for learners to:
· Develop professional presentation/communication skills.
· Demonstrate an advancing understanding of the political landscape of APN practice.
· Demonstrate the ability to analyze the literature and be able to disseminate the information orally.
· Demonstrate and practice professional communication and leadership, while advancing the education of peers.
1. Analyze the development of advanced practice nursing roles from a historical perspective including the impact of advanced practice nursing on the healthcare delivery system from the perspective of selected current reports (i.e. LACE, IOM, etc.)
2. Critically analyze how healthcare systems and APN practice are organized and influenced by ethical, legal, economic and political factors.
For Week 7, there is no case study given to you by the faculty. Instead you will be creating a recorded presentation that demonstrates your understanding of LACE principles and their influence on APN practice. This presentation will be uploaded into the course via Kaltura (please see course resources for directions).
Address the following Topics/Questions:
· How do licensure, accreditation, certification, and education (LACE) considerations differ for APN clinical roles for these three states: California, Washington, and Illinois? Provide evidence for your response.
· Discuss what evidence-based strategies should be implemented to achieve continuity between state regulatory boards? Provide evidence for your response.
· Is independent NP practice allowed in your state? Discuss your opinion regarding independent NP practice. Provide evidence for your response.
· The presentation should include a PowerPoint presentation which will be recorded via Kaltura.
· Students should create the PowerPoint presentation offline and then open it for use during the recording.
· Students may record the presentation more than once to allow for practice and mastery of the content and presentation style. Final presentation should be submitted only.
· Students should review their presentation for clarity in audio and sound as well as clarity in the information presented. Students should be professionally dressed in business casual attire for the presentation with/without lab coat. Scrubs, sweats, denim, yoga pants, and athletic wear are not considered business casual. Student’s face should be visible via the webcam during presentation.
· The presentation should be no more than 15-20 minutes in recorded length.
· The presentation should contain appropriate scholarly evidence to support the information presented per APA format.
· PowerPoint slides should be used as cues to topics and key concepts without lengthy sentences and paragraphs- reading information from slides is not professional and therefore not acceptable.
· A professional presentation includes an introduction both of yourself and of the topic, the touch points of information you’re going to discuss as well as a conclusion. A professional presentation should be covered in approx. 5-15 slides.
· 12 pt font Times New Roman is the recommended font size/style. Slides should include bullet points you intend to cover, 4-5 bullet points per slide. The bullet points should be expanded upon with oral information. Direct quotes and paragraphs are discouraged.
· The student’s oral presentation should demonstrate clear understanding of all concepts along with specific examples to represent concepts.
The presentation should be recorded using PowerPoint (See course resources for information about using PowerPoint in the course). Presentation should be saved in .ppt format.