Develop a 3–4-page report on how conflict can affect an organization. Describe reasons for conflict and explain the role of both functional and dysfunctional conflict in institutional change. Recommend strategies for resolving both functional and dysfunctional conflict.
Conflict is inevitable. As an employee of any institution, you will encounter conflict. Despite your best efforts, conflict will occur.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
· Competency 1: Identify variables within structures or institutions that can promote conflict.
. Describe reasons for conflict within an institution or organization.
· Competency 3: Apply appropriate strategies to reduce or resolve conflicts.
. Recommend a conflict resolution strategy for functional conflict.
. Recommend a conflict resolution strategy for dysfunctional conflict.
· Competency 4: Analyze the impact of conflict on relationship building in face-to-face, virtual, cyber, and group communication.
. Explain the role of functional conflict in institutional change.
. Explain the role of dysfunctional conflict in institutional change.
· Competency 6: Communicate effectively in a variety of formats.
. Write coherently to support a central idea in appropriate format with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics.
Suppose you work in an organization that seems to experience a great deal of conflict between individuals and between departments. The director of your department has asked you to draft a report he can use to brief his colleagues in executive leadership on institutional conflict and how it can affect an organization. Part of the report needs to offer recommendations on how to resolve conflict.
Search the Capella library and the Internet for scholarly or professional articles that address institutional conflict and institutional change. You will need at least 3 articles or resources to use in this assessment.
Complete the following:
· Describe at least three reasons for conflict within an institution or organization. How might individual differences and perceptions contribute to the conflict?
· Explain the role of functional conflict in institutional change.
· Explain the role of dysfunctional conflict in institutional change.
· Recommend one conflict resolution strategy organizational leadership could use with functional conflict.
· Recommend one conflict resolution strategy organizational leadership could use with dysfunctional conflict.
Format this assessment as a professional report. Use appropriate headings and support your statements with the resources you located. Follow APA guidelines for your in-text citations and references.
· Submit 3–4 typed, double-spaced pages, not including title and reference pages.
· Use 12-point, Times New Roman font.
· Include a title page and reference page.
· Cite at least 3 current scholarly or professional resources.