Consider the following list of skills and their importance in being an effective nurse:
- Analytical thinking and decision making
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Time management
- Collaboration and negotiation
- Interpersonal skills
In actuality, this list came from a job description in project management. In daily nursing routines, nurses often apply many of the same skills that are common to project management.
In this Discussion, you are introduced to the value and use of project management in health care settings.
- Review information on the applications of project management in health care.
- Select an article from the Project Management Institute (PMI) website or the Walden Library databases that demonstrates how project management methodology can be applied in health care settings.
- Consider how you might communicate the value of project management in health care settings to a group of nurses who are unfamiliar with the discipline.
- Consider strategies you might employ to motivate nurses to use project management methodology.
1) A brief summary of the article you selected (with reference).
2) Explain the beneficial application of project management methodology highlighted by the article.
3) Describe how you would communicate the value of project management to nurses who are unfamiliar with the discipline.
4) Generate at least two strategies for motivating nurses to utilize project management methodology.