|Course Reflection Global Health Issues
Reflection is regarded as imperative in nursing and nursing education. Reflective writing is a strategy to enhance reflection; it improves self-awareness, problem solving, and critical thinking.
In this assignment, you will reflect on what you have learned and present a summary of your experiences in the class.Your reflection should be thorough, complete, and thoughtful so as to indicate that you have read and examined, and are able to apply, the concepts in the readings. Your reflection will be guided by the course outcomes.
1. List each course outcome.
- Discuss the importance of historical events and initiatives and their influence on global health issues in order to understand current and anticipate future health care trends based on changing demographic trends, emerging technologies, and disease burdens.
- Design a plan for providing culturally appropriate nursing care that includes health promotion, and disease and injury prevention interventions to improve health outcomes for diverse global populations.
- Examine the impact of cultural and environmental barriers on major communicable and non-communicable diseases on various global populations to identify current and future health care needs for a defined population.
- Analyze diverse health care systems to evaluate their impacts on the health of populations
- Apply the nursing process to coordinate the care for victims of biological outbreaks, emergencies, and disasters.