Viewpoints on Theory
What relationship(s) do you find between middle-range nursing theories and evidence-based practice? Provide one example that uses a specific middle-range theory to support your views.
In this thread we will cover the relationship between middle-range theory and evidence-based practice. Middle-range theories are less abstract or more focused in their scope than grand range theories. They provide the nurse with a limited view of nursing compared to the grand theories. Many middle-range theories can be applied directly to practice.
In this thread you will respond to and discuss: What relationship(s) do you find between middle-range nursing theories and evidence-based practice? Provide one example that uses a specific middle-range theory to support your views.
The course outcomes that will be used to guide the learning process are:
• Analyze theories from nursing and relevant fields with respect to their components, relationships among the components, logic if the propositions, comprehensiveness, and utility to advanced nursing. (PO #1)
• Examine instances where theory is used to guide the development of new knowledge and implementation of evidence-based practice. (PO #6)
An Ethical Dilemma in Nursing Homes
This week’s readings identify a number of broad based ethical dilemmas found in nursing homes. Choose one from the following list and write a 2-3 page paper that explains the dilemma. Include in your writing how you would approach the decision making process to resolve issues within the dilemma you chose.
- Nursing Home Placement
- Autonomy and Informed Consent
- Making a Determination of Incapacity
- Compliance & Everyday Interventions
- Unreasonable Demands
- Support your statements with evidence from the Required Studies and your research. Cite and reference your sources in APA style.