Directions: After completing your interview you must use this form to submit your assignment to the Dropbox. You may use the form to capture information as you conduct your interview or fill it in later.
The form is expandable and will enlarge the textbox to accommodate your answers. Do not rely only on this form for everything you must include! Please look in Doc Sharing for specific instructions in the Guidelines for this assignment.
Criteria Fill in the answers in this column.
Demographics: Provide initials of the RN official job title of interviewee and the date the interview was conducted.
(answer EVERY question in this section)
1. Describe your career path to your current position. Include information about education and experiences.
2. Discuss the value of best evidence as a driving force in delivery of nursing care at your facility.
3. What safeguards and decision-making support tools are embedded in patient care technologies and information systems that support safe practice at your facility?
4. Tell me about patient care technologies that have improved patient care at your facility.
5. What groups of healthcare workers rely on you to collect high-quality information or data and how is it utilized?
(Answer only ONE question from the choices below.)
1. Please tell me what challenges you have faced in dealing with other disciplines who may not understand the needs of nurses/nursing?
2. Please share an example of how GIGO (garbage in garbage out) impacted a decision related to your information or data collection.
3. Please give me an example of how the lack of interprofessional collaboration impacted your role.
4. Please describe what a typical day on the job is like for you.
(Answer all of these. Please do not ask them during the interview.
Instead reflect and answer them afterwards.)
1. How will completing this interview impact your practice as a BSN-prepared nurse? Give specific examples.
2. Resources (scholarly articles or texts). Indicate 2 scholarly resources or texts used prior to the interview to familiarize yourself with the individuals organization role or any of the questions you asked to make you a more knowledgeable interviewer. Resource #1:
Resource # 2:
Interview with a Nursing Information Expert:
Guidelines and Grading Rubric
The purpose of this assignment is to
Communicate your understanding of the importance of quality information in everyday nursing practice;
Discuss the roles and responsibilities of a Nursing Information Expert; and
Articulate how the professional nurse uses information or data in everyday practice to improve outcomes.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes.
CO #1: Describe patient-care technologies as appropriate to address the needs of a diverse patient population. (PO #1)
CO #4: Investigate safeguards and decision-making support tools embedded in patient care technologies and information systems to support a safe practice environment for both patients and healthcare workers. (PO #4)
CO #8: Discuss the value of best evidence as a driving force to institute change in delivery of nursing care. (PO #8)
This assignment is worth a total of 250 points.
This assignment Interview with a Nursing Information Expert is due at the end of Week 6. Submit your completed Interview using the Interview Form to the basket in the Dropbox by Sunday 11:59 p.m. mountain time. Post questions to the weekly Q & A Forum. Contact your instructor if you need additional assistance. See the Course Policies regarding late assignments. Failure to submit your paper to the Dropbox on time will result in a deduction of points.
1. Download the
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH Submit Your Homework TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
The post Directions: After completing your interview you must use this form to submit your assignment to the Dropbox. You may use the form to capture information as you conduct your interview or fill it in later. appeared first on Submit Your Homework.