Task: Create an annotated bibliography of four sources that could be used for your research project, including at least two articles from scholarly journals.
Length: Four citations, each with an annotation of 150 +/- 25 words (125-175 words each). The entire completed assignment should be at least 600 words.
Sources: Four sources related to your research question, including at least two from scholarly journal articles. All four sources should be high-quality sources that you can use in your research project. Refer to Week 3: Selecting Sources Wisely. You may decide to use some or all of the sources that you posted in Week 3, Discussion 1: Identifying and Evaluating Sources.
Due date and grading: This assignment is due by the end of Week 4. This assignment will be graded with a rubric and will count for 20% of your course grade. To view the grading rubric, access the assignment through the Assignments area of the classroom.
Outcomes you should achieve by completing this assignment
The annotated bibliography contributes to the research project by helping you collect and analyze your sources. The outcomes for this assignment are listed below, with the associated course outcomes in parentheses:
- Identify valid and reliable sources that can be used in the composition of a research essay (Course outcome 4)
- Explain the nature of selected sources and their relevance of sources to the research essay (Course outcome 4)
- Set up an annotated bibliography in APA format (Course outcome 4)
- Demonstrate accurate grammar and mechanics in writing (Course outcome 3)
The annotated bibliography is part of your research project, which examines a current issue or event in the news from the perspective of your field of study. The annotated bibliography builds on your work from the first few weeks of class selecting an appropriate topic and then developing a more focused research question. Indicate your research question at the top of your annotated bibliography, just below the title.
What to do
- Reference citation in APA format
- Annotation of 150 ±25 words, with
You may (but do not have to) use CiteFast to create your reference citations.
Formatting your assignment
Incorporate these elements of APA style:
- Use one-inch margins.
- Double space.
- Use an easy-to-read font between 10-point and 12-point.
- Reference entries should be formatted with a hanging indent.
Note: Title page is not required, but make sure you include your name and a title that reflects your topic at the top of the first page. Below the title, indicate your research question.