The paper must be eight- to- ten pages (not including the title and reference pages), integrating readings, multi-media and class assignments. It is mandatory to include research from the course text, as well as six- to- eight sources from the internet or online library to support your views.
In your eight- to- ten page research paper (not including the title and reference pages), you will describe both the business strategy and supply chain strategy for your organization, for a business unit of your organization, or for some other organization for which you have worked in the past and still retain contacts. Your research paper will analyze how this organization aligns its business strategy with its supply chain strategy and recommend strategy or tactics to improve strategic alignment based on scholarly resources and what you have learned in this course.
You are required to use non-course materials to support your contentions and incorporate supporting documentation to support your analysis. Use APA style and submit your proposal to the instructor by the last day of class.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least six scholarly resources.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Feel free to use this outline to help craft your paper:
- Title Page
- Body – at least 8 full pages, no more than 10 full pages.
- 1 paragraph – ½ page: Introduction with thesis statement
- Company name, mission statement, vision statement, organizational structure, product lines, locations, supplier and customer demographics.
- 4-6 pages: Describes and Analyzes the Business Strategy and Supply Chain Strategy and Their Strategic Alignment. How does the company address each of the following? How are they successful or fall short in each one?
- Identify company selected & product lines
- Purchasing Management
- Supplier Relationships
- Demand Forecasting
- Resource Planning Systems
- Inventory Management
- Process Management – Lean & Six Sigma
- Customer Relationship Management
- Global Strategies
- 2-4 pages: Recommends a Strategy or Tactics to Improve the Strategic Alignment.
- Give your recommended improvement techniques for at least 4 of the business aspects talked about in C above (1/2 page each). Research specific techniques, tools and methodologies they could use to improve in each area. Be specific in regard to their product lines and business goals. In-text and reference page citation required. Be specific. Ie: specific techniques to improve supplier relationships, specific benchmarking tool to compare key supply chain performance metrics of inventory management, which quality initiative you recommend and the steps to implement it, etc.
- Talk about a competitor or another business that they could learn from. Be specific.
- ½ page: Conclusion and outcomes reaffirms thesis statement
- Reference Page in APA format