Statement of Purpose – a one-page document identifying the reasons for enrolling in the program and how you believe your previous training and experience will help you to succeed. The statement should not exceed 500 words.
I am now a senior at Johnson & Wales university and I and applying for the MBA program for Johnson & Wales university. My major is Hotel and lodging management. Here’s the internship experience I had and may help you with writing the statement of purpose.
Shanghai Pudong Youyou Sheraton Hotel06/2014 – 08/2014
Human Resource AssistantShanghai, China
- Arranged and administered new hire employment documentation
- Created job descriptions and posted on various websites to attract new candidates within the target market
- Advised managers on organizational policy matters and recommended resolutions
Shanghai Holiday Inn Hotel 06/2015 – 08/2015
Sale Associate Shanghai, China
- Secured and updated sensitive information daily.
- Prepared daily pick up numbers in Opera, provided groups with rooming lists, navigated inquiry calls to Managers depending on market assignment
- Maintained excellent professional relationships with clients from corporate, government, and association segments
Radisson Hotel Providence Airport02/2017 – 05/2017
Front Desk, Housekeeping Rhode Island, USA
- Established and maintained clean and comfortable environments by performing cleaning duties including vacuuming, cleaning windows, dusting, and bathrooms
- Reported any damage, maintenance problems, safety issues, and potential hazards to management, ensuring adherence to safety code procedures.
- Greet and welcome guests in person and on phone; answer and direct inquiries to designated department.
- Develop and utilize effective filing and retrieval systems, and maintain office supplies by placing orders and evaluating new products.
And please keep in mind do not exceed 500 words. Thanks!