What Strengths Do I Bring to Leadership?
This assignment is the second in a series of assignments that will result in your final Personal Leadership Statement due in Week 4. This week, you will articulate an intentional and informed understanding of your strengths.
Using the information from your Cliftonstrengths (Gallup, n.d.) assessment and Parts 1 and 2 of the text (Rath & Conchie, 2008), write a 2-page paper analyzing your strengths as related to your values and leadership experience.
Your paper should include:
- A list of your top five strengths as identified by Cliftonstrengths
- A reflection on the results of the Cliftonstrengths assessment and the resultant report as they relate your strengths to your:
- Core values (from Week 1)
- Calling (from Week 1)
- Leadership experiences
- The input of a trusted professional colleague or friend on the results of your Cliftonstrengths assessment.
- What does your colleague have to say about how the results are seen in your work and life?
- Do the results accurately represent what your colleague sees as your strengths?
- Is there anything obviously missing from the strengths list?
- Were there any surprises? Explain.
Support your statements with evidence from the required studies and your research. Cite and reference your sources in APA style.
Gallup. (n.d.). CliftonStrengths [Website]. Retrieved from https://www.gallupstrengthscenter.com/Home/en-US/S…
Rath, T., & Conchie, B. (2008). Strengths based leadership: Great leaders, teams, and why people follow. New York, NY: Gallup Press.