each section write one paragraph, for part 1, each small chapter write one paragraph, like 8.1 in one paragraph.
Requirements (for each chapter, you are to write at least one page, please do the following). You need to do the following for two chapters, I’d prefer doing one chapter completely followed by the next chapter completely – in one document/file:
Part I. Summarize the chapter – in your own words please. This needs to be at least half a page or more. Please DO NOT COPY AND PASTE FROM TEXT OR FROM OUTSIDE/ONLINE SOURCES
Part II. Define at least two terms. You may use your text here.
Part III. Explain and apply a concept. Find one other concept/term (not defined in part II) that you found interesting. Answer the following: 1) explain and define the term. 2) application: how the concept relates to you or to our current political situation. Please use real world examples to show me you can apply the concept to a real situation. 3) why did you choose this term? 4) any reactions/response to the concepts did they elicit from you? Do not copy and paste from the text or online sources. If you use an outside source you must cite it. Emphasis of grading will be on explanation and application/analysis. It must be clear to instructor that you understand term well enough to apply it properly to politics. Please DO NOT COPY AND PASTE FROM TEXT OR FROM OUTSIDE/ONLINE SOURCES FOR THIS PART.
Part IV: Optional: any questions or comments you have about what you read
Some additional considerations/requirements:
- 12 point font, double spaced, at least one page per chapter.
- You may bring in outside resources and cite properly (don’t plagiarize)
- Constantly ask yourself questions as you’re reading like “why” and “what do I think of this” and “how does it relate to me” as opposed to simply trying to memorize information, that’s not the purpose of this exercise.
- TECHNICAL ISSUES WITH SUBMISSION: Sometimes students get an error message when they try to submit the assignment. Try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies and re-submitting again – this usually solves the problem.
- How well did you follow directions, above?
- Did you engage yourself in this assignment or did you do the minimum required? To do more: be more critical, reflective, personal. Remember, politics is personal!