To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review this week’s Learning Resources related to codes and coding.
- Consider the similarities and differences in the data collected from your interview and from the transcripts of the Scholars of Change videos.
- Consider the other data collection methods you studied (focus groups, reviews of documents and social media; and your own memos and notes).
- Review your Major Assignment 1, paying attention to the alignment between your research question and considerations for data collection.
By Day 4
Post a response to the following:
- From the data you collected and other data collection methods you studied, compare and contrast the strengths and weaknesses of at least two data collection methods. Include an explanation of your experience using these different data collection methods. Also, include an explanation of what you found difficult or challenging and why.
- Explain how you as the researcher can ensure that your choices for data collection align with your research questions. Use your experience from Major Assignment 1 as an example.
Be sure to support your main post and response post with reference to the week’s Learning Resources and other scholarly evidence in APA style.