Proper offender assessment classification is paramount to effective treatment. Actuarial/risk assessments are used to drive case planning and correctional treatment. In the Riverbend City simulation, you will see a correctional counselor conduct the Women’s Risk Needs Assessment, a gender-responsive risk needs assessment, at the River Valley State Women’s Prison.
Review the Riverbend City: Individual Therapy in Prison media linked in Resources, focusing on the Women’s Risk Needs Assessment tab. Based on the scenario, apply the Women’s Risk/Needs Assessment from your studies and write a memorandum addressed to the lead correctional treatment specialist at the prison in which you complete the following:
- Write a systematic and objective identification of offender needs.
- Summarize the Women’s Risk/Needs Assessment criteria for an offender.
- Identify offender risk factors and strengths.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills regarding offender behavior.
- Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Page count: 3–4 pages.
- https://media.capella.edu/CourseMedia/CJ3260/IndividualTherapyInPrison/transcript.html……..this will be needed for the assignment