- In your post, draw on one of the following readings: 1) Anselm, 2) Aquinas, 3) Pascal, or 4) Rowe.
- The general topic is the whether God exists.
- I have provided a prompt below, but you may create your own alternative question.
- If you create an alternative question, be sure to present your question in your post and explain how it relates to one of the above readings.
- If you use the prompt, you do not need to answer all of the questions below. In fact, it’s a good idea to focus on one or maybe two of the questions.
- Only write on one philosopher for your discussion post.
Writing Prompt: Arguments Over God’s Existence
- Which of the philosophers arguments for God’s existence was the most persuasive? What is the best objection to the argument?
- Why does Rowe use a baby fawn example to illustrate the problem of evil?
- What is the difference between narrow atheism and broad atheism, as explained by Rowe?
- Have you ever changed your views regarding religious matters based on a reasoned argument? If so, did it persuade you to believe or not believe in the existence of a God?
- See the Discussion Post Guidelines for general info on the assignment and example posts:
- The most important requirements are:
- write at least a 300 word original post,
- quote and cite from one of the above course readings (in your original post),
- use paragraphs in your original post,
- write at least a 200 word response post.