Chapter 7 Assignment Read the Opening Case: The Coaching Carousel at the beginning of Chapter 7; then develop this assignment as follows: • Write an Abstract that provides a brief synopsis concerning what this case is about. It must also identify (in a list), the key problems that you perceived in the case study. • Develop thoughtful answers to the questions at the end of the case that not only demonstrate a comprehension about the case; but, include references to HRM perspectives that you have been learning in this course.
Review Case Study 2: Market Research Report Project the following critical-thinking questions:
1. Did Meghan’s team satisfy the customer? Why or why not?
2. How should Meghan respond to the comments from Christine after Sarah had given feedback and approval for the final report?
3. The project team had gone through the steps of closing this project. They have one week of slack in the schedule before they would be causing another project to be delayed. What should Meghan do with her team?
4. What should Meghan have done differently in the project?
Your submission should be a minimum of one half page of content in length, answering each question with a substantive paragraph of 4 – 5 sentences in length. Please type the
Work Teams and Groups
1. Explain the difference between a group and a team.
2. Describe the characteristics of self-managed teams. (Note: The answer should consist of more than a definition).
3. Identify and describe the stages of group development in Bruce Tuckman’s Five-Stage Model.
4. Identify and discuss the four distinguishing characteristics of a mature (well-functioning) group.
5. Describe five (5) task and five (5) maintenance functions that effective work teams must perform.