FATF Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Through the Real Estate Sector, 41 pages, June 2007
- Discuss ways by which MLs/TFs use the real estate sector to obscure the true source of their funds and the identity of the (ultimate) beneficial owner.
- Discuss how insurance companies and pension fund managers are exploited by criminals at both the national and international levels.
- List and briefly discuss the Red Flag indicators that might indicate potential misuse of the real estate sector for ML/TF purposes.
Anti-Money Laundering: Where Do Advisors Fit In? 25 pages
- What is OFAC and why should investment advisors understand the organization?
- What is OFAC’s Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons (SDN) List?
- Discuss prohibited transactions with regards to the SDN List.
FATF Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing in the Securities Sector, 80 pages, October 2009
- Why is suspicious transaction reporting in the securities sector low?
- What is the MONEYVAL Typologies Report? What areas did it identify as presenting the greatest ML vulnerabilities in the securities industry?
- List suspicious indicators for securities and insurance company products.
FATF Money Laundering Using New Payment Methods, 111 pages, October 2010
- Discuss key elements of the New Payment Method (NPM).
- Why is NPM ML/TF vulnerability difficult to assess?
- What are the common risks associated with most NPMs?
FATF Best Practices Paper on Trade Based Money Laundering, 8 pages, June 2008
- Why do customs agencies, law enforcement agencies, FIUs, tax authorities, and banking supervisors have more difficulties identifying and combating trade-based money laundering than with other forms of money laundering and terrorist financing?
- List and discuss the typologies and Red Flag indicators of the Trade-Based ML sector.
Vulnerabilities of Casinos and the Gaming Sector, 79 pages, March 2009
Gaming and Money Laundering, February 2018
- What are the challenges with AML/CFT implementation in regard to the gaming and casino sectors?