- Theoretical Paper (8-10 pages)
- Using the model(s) you selected and applying it/them to your chosen issue
- Identify the health behavior issue you selected. Describe the target population you identified that is affected by this issue and explain why the issue is a health behavior concern for that group. Reference at least one article or other scholarly resource that provides statistics to support your explanation.
- Identify the health behavior model(s) or theory (or theories) you selected to examine the issue and explain why you selected it/them. Explain how each model or theory might be used to examine the issue and facilitate health behavior change within the target population.
- Describe three motivational factors that may influence the willingness of individuals within the target population you selected to change behavior and explain how each factor may do so.
- Explain the relationship among communication theories/models, the motivational factors you identified, and motivational interviewing.
- Explain which motivational interviewing skills might be most useful in addressing the motivational factors that you identified.
REQUIRED text books
Glanz, K., Rimer, B. K., & Viswanath, K. (Eds.). (2015). Health behavior: Theory, research, and practice (5th ed.). San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bas
Motivational Interviewing in Health Care Helping patients change behavior by Stephen Rollnick…William Miller, Christopher C butler