The purposes of this assignment are to:
- to sharpen your observational skills;
- to apply relevant theory/theories to the observation of a Hispanic infant or toddler
In order to effectively work with Hispanic children it is important to spend time with them. This multi-part assignment covers the first four (4) weeks of the course. Over the duration of the assignment you will:
- Assess the relationship between an infant/child and his/her caregiver(s);
- Assess the infant/child’s cognitive and social-emotional development;
- Test theories to see how well they help you understand the observation;
- Write an analysis paper of your interview/observation experience;
- Evaluate and grade the analysis papers of your course peers.
This assignment makes use of a ‘Workshop Tool’ which enables and manages your peer evaluations. Ensure that you become familiar with the Workshop Tool support documentation provided in the course.
The details of this Part of the assignment are as follows:
Part C – Analysis Paper
Compose a 5 – 6 page analysis of your experience.
- The paper must adhere to APA (6th edition) style and formatting and incorporate a minimum of four (4) references.
- Include the following:
- Introduction of the infant/toddler and caregiver(s) observed and interviewed.
- Note how consent and confidentiality were addressed.
- Provide a holistic description of the experience. Be descriptive so the reader can visualize the infant/toddler in a humanistic manner.
- Include: features of Hispanic culture, environment, cultural contexts and interactions, protective factors and challenges, organizations and systems.
- Include a critical reflection addressing a) your assumptions going into the assignment, b) insight into your cultural lens, and c) any impacts it had on your ability to conduct the observation.
- Submit your paper to this Workshop Tool this week.