Your assignment this week has two parts; each part is worth 6 points. Be sure to read each part carefully prior to completion.
Part 1: Problem Discussion
Based on your brainstormed concept map from the Week 1 assignment and further research of the literature, write a brief paper that addresses the extent of the problem. Be sure to include the following items:
- Discuss your topic.
- Identify the extent of the problem (gap, prevalence, etc.).
- Explain the purpose of your research topic.
- Explain your research topics impact on the organizations and the people who work within those systems.
Part 1 Length: 2-3 pages, not including title or reference pages
Part 2: Presentation Problem Development
Based on your researched literature review, you will evaluate further the extent of the problem related to your research topic. Choose which educational tool would be appropriate to address your research problem to an audience either by presenting a training (train) or webinar (inform). You will consider the topic issue, the purpose, and the target audience to illuminate. Designing a training or webinar is like mapping out a road trip or creating a journey.
Once you have determined which method you will present, submit your proposal for this presentation to address some questions accordingly.
For this assignment, which is based on your literature review topic, you will begin to develop your presentation that is an educational tool (training or webinar) for _______ (i.e., use of personality assessment in the workplace) on evidence-based practice/interventions/research for ________ (i.e., increasing diversity in the IT industry).
Then, write a proposal on the information you plan to cover in your presentation.
Be sure to answer the following questions:
- Indicate the purpose of the presentation.
- Identify your target audience and provide rationalization of this selection (how it fits the problem and purpose; consider if there are any inclusion or exclusion criteria; and if they do exist, why).
- Identify the need/issue/gap.
- Address how developing a training or webinar on the issue can satisfy this need/issue/gap.
- The response to this issue will affect the design of the webinar or training activities and content exploration strategies.
- Identify the outcomes expected from the presentation.
- To train others to be trainers? (Capacity building)
- To train/educate agencies or organizations on an emerging trend (assessments, tools, laws, change practices, EBP, etc.) or issue?
- To add to the body of prospectus around a certain subset of the issue?
- Other reasons?
- Identify potential implications of your presentation for the audience and other systems involved (value and need for this presentation).
Part 2 Length: 2-4 pages, not including title or reference pages
Total length of Part 1 and Part 2: 4-6 pages, not including title and reference pages
References: Include a minimum of five scholarly resources.
Your assignment should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.