Choose one topic below, then post your response for this discussion.
- Response should be 300 words or more
Martina is a middle-aged Hispanic woman who brings her family to a local free clinic to obtain medical care. She works part time in a restaurant for minimum wage. She lives in a small apartment with her daughter and four preschool children; her daughter speaks only very broken English. Martina’s medical diagnoses are hypertension, arthritis, and depression.Use the Neuman System Model as a conceptual framework to respond to the following:
- Describe the family as a system.
- How does the dominant Anglo culture impact on the family’s stability as a system?
- What stressors (actual and potential) threaten the family?
- What additional assessment data are needed related to Martina’s medical diagnoses?
- What additional assessment data are needed related to the family’s health status?
- How will cultural differences influence planning for prevention as intervention at primary, secondary, and tertiary levels?