Read Chapter 5 – Constitutional Law
NPR Article/Audio Clips:
(difference between a Temporary Restraining Order (“TRO”) and Preliminary Injunction)
Judge Chuang’s Order
(Commerce Clause supplementary video)
You are a business owner that employs many immigrants that do not have green cards or U. S. citizenship
Review the Required Reading noted under Week 3 on the Google website and above.
STEP TWO: Find your local representative/congressman: http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/
STEP THREE: Once you have located your congressman, draft a detailed letter to him or her discussing the following based on the concepts discussed in the reading assigned for this module:
1. The Establishment Clause, what it is, where it comes from (i.e. the Constitution/Bill of Rights, etc.), and why it is important.
2. Due Process, what it is, where it comes from (i.e. the Constitution/Bill of Rights, etc.), and why it is important.
3. Based on the Judge Chuang’s Order, whether Trump’s Executive Order violates the Establishment Clause.
4. Based on the Judge Chuang’s Order, whether Trump’s Executive Order violates the Due Process clause.
5. Whether you agree or disagree with the Judge Chuang’s ruling on IRAP’s Motion for Preliminary Injunction and why you agree or disagree.
6. How Judge Chuang’s decision will affect you as a business owner.
Submit your letter on Blackboard under the Test, Assessments, and Rubrics tab for Week 3.