As frequently noted in the literature, there is often a gap between research evidence and practice. This is not a new phenomenon; however, with the rapid growth of knowledge, it is essential that nurses hone their ability to identify this gap, determine best practices based on the evidence, and then apply this evidence to practice through the development of new approaches. In order for that to transpire, nurses must be skilled in leading change efforts so that adoption of new practice approaches can be successful.
For your EBP Project in Week 2 (Application 1 [SEE ATTACHED FILES] ), you identified an issue in your practicum setting in which the outcome is different from what would be expected according to the research literature. This week continue to explore current research literature looking for new evidence to address the problem. In addition, you build on the work you began in this week’s Discussion and select an evidence-based practice model ( The Iowa Model of Evidence-Based Practice to Promote Quality Care” Or you can use the Johns Hopkins Model) and change theory (USE THE THEORY OF PLANNED BEHAVIOR) or framework that will support your efforts.
To prepare for Application 2 address the following:
- How current is the science underlying the practices related to your EBP Project issue?
- Consider possible causes of the difference in outcomes from what would be expected according to the research literature.
- Evaluate the effect the EBP Project issue is having in practice.
- Using the Walden Library and other credible sources, locate current research evidence of new practices that are effective in addressing the issue.
- Use the GRADE model presented in the Guyatt et al. (2011) article to evaluate the research evidence (see attached file for the article)
The full Application 2 is due by Day 5 of this week. Instructions for how to prepare for previous sections of this Application have been provided in Week 4.
Write a 3- to 5-page paper, in APA format with a minimum of 6 scholarly references. PLEASE CITE OFTEN. include the following level one headers as numbered below:
2) A brief summary of the currency of the science underlying the practices used to address your EBP Project issue
3) Possible causes of the difference in outcomes from what would be expected according to the research literature
4) The effect the EBP Project issue is having in practice
5) Current research evidence on new practices for addressing the EBP Project issue
6) A summary of the evidence-based practice model (including models from other disciplines as appropriate) and/or change theory or framework you will utilize to systematically integrate new approaches to practice to address the issue
PLEASE FOLLOW THE EXACT FORMAT IN THE GRADING RUBRIC. WRITE THE HEADERS EXACTLY AS IN THE GRADING RUBRIC AND ADD AN INTRODUCTION AND SUMMARY. INSERT MY PIICOT QUESTION IN THE BEGINNING OF THE PAPER.
- Please do not go over 5 pages. Being concise, but scholarly and well-cited is a skill. Make sure each word is needed and refrain from using unnecessary verbiage. CITE OFTEN
- Use level 1 APA headers for each component of the assignment! See assignment directions and grading rubric for components graded and note the items in blue should be your headers.
- You will need a theory to guide your work. For more information on theories… (for mine, please use the theory of planned behavior that you chose on the first assignment).
- You will need to EBP model to frame your course-related (6410) EBP project EBP models give you steps for proceeding in a logical manner. I would recommend you look up the following article to help you.
- Schaffer, M. A., Sandau, K. E., & Diedrick, L. (2013). Evidence-based practice models for organizational change: Overview and practical applications. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 69(5), 1197-1208. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2648.2012.06122.x (see attached article)
P.S. I’M ATTACHING THE PREVIOUS PAPER TO HELP REFRESH YOUR MEMORY AND ALSO SEE THE CORRECTIONS THE PROFESSOR MADE SO THAT YOU DON’T REPEAT THE SAME MISTAKES. I DIDN’T GET A GOOD GRADE ON THAT PAPER, PLEASE PAY CAREFUL ATTENTION TO EACH AND EVERY INSTRUCTION HERE. I NEED AN ‘A’ ON THIS PAPER TO MAKE UP THE FIRST ONE.
In patients in extended intensive care within an urban acute care facility in Eastern United States, how does early mobilization as recommended by National Institute of Health and Care Excellence clinical guidelines on rehabilitation of patients after critical illness impact early transfers from intensive care as measured 6 months post-implementation when compared to the current standard of care including minimal mobilization of patients?
P: Adult patients
I: in extended intensive care within an urban acute care facility
I: increased mobilization of the patients
C: minimal mobilization of the patients
O: early transfers of the patients from intensive care
T: 6 months
Gallagher-Ford, L., Fineout-Overhold, E., Melnyk, B.M. & Stillwell, S.B. (2011). Evidence-based practice step-by-step: Implementing an evidence-based practice change. American Journal of Nursing, 111(3), 54-60.
Rosswurm, M. A., & Larrabee, J. H. (1999). A model for change to evidence-based practice. Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 31(4), 317-322. (See attached file).
Pryse, Y., McDaniel, A., & Schafer, J. (2014). Psychometric analysis of two new scales: The evidence-based practice nursing leadership and work environment scales. Worldviews on Evidence-Based Nursing, 11(4), 240-247.
Sadeghi-Bazargani, H., Tabrizi, J.S., & Azami-Aghdash, S. (2014). Barriers to evidence-based medicine: A systematic review. Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice, 20, 793-802.
Schaffer, M.A., Sandau, K.E., & Diedrick, L. (2013). Evidence-based practice models for organizational change: overview and practical applications. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 69(5), 1197-1209