Scenario: The healthcare industry is steadily shifting towards adoption of more Health-IT practices. One of them is the adoption of Electronic Health Records (EHR).
You are the Director of Planning of a large hospital in an urban market. The hospital is one of the largest employers in the market and is composed of a culturally-diverse and multi-generation workforce. Some employees agree that adoption of EHR is the best way forward and are for the change. However, other employees disagree and are not particularly ready for EHR adoption.
As the organization continues to move forward and prepare for its annual strategic planning retreat, the CEO has asked you to create a “white paper” (similar to a short research paper) that will:
- Educate the organization on the benefits of adopting an EHR system. Benefits include but are not limited to pecuniary, strategy, and quality of care.
The CEO is also aware of the discord within the workforce with regards to adoption of EHR. Towards this, she requests you:
- Identify three culturally diverse or multi-generation workforce issues towards EHR adoption that you foresee.
- Outline strategies to mitigate the issues, and implement the adoption of EHR across the workforce within 1 year.
The “white paper” should be well-written and meet the following requirements:
- 2-3 pages (single-spaced) in length,
- Formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA (Links to an external site.), and
- Include at least three current references from the peer-reviewed articles. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find peer-reviewed articles.