Diversity is found in all organizations today. There is more to diversity than just nationality, race or religion. Also, diversity just exists in organizations and is not only the result of hiring practices. Everyone is diverse in some way. Diversity extends into physical characteristics (size, weight, height, etc), the way people see the world, cultural background, economic and educational background and cultural differfences.
That is why it is important to for every organization to provide diversity training. For this assignment your task is to do the following:
- Explain what diversity is and how it impacts every organization.
- What diversity is found in your current organizatin?
- What are the advantages to having a diverse work place?
- What can happen if diversity is not addressed in organizations.
- Identify at least four topics that should be designed into a course on diversity and explain wny they are important.
- What is the best delivery method for a course on diversity?
- What laws (Federal, State and Local) must be considered that are related to diversity in organizations? What is the risk if the organization is not in compliance with those laws?
- What is the role of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)?
Use the above information to answer the following in 1000 to 1,050 words:
Cite all sources according to APA formatting guidelines.