No plagiarism plz
As we have learned this week, it is incredibly important for organizations to regularly examine the external environment in which they are competing.
For this week’s discussion, I would like you to select an industry that you [somewhat] care about. You can pick any industry– beer, auto manufacturers, colleges and universities, sports teams, ANY industry. For that industry, I would like you to PICK ONE of the following:
1. Complete a PESTEL Analysis for that industry and include that picture in your post.
2. Complete Porter’s Five Forces Analysis for that industry and include it in your post.
3. Create a strategic group map of that industry and include that picture in your post.
NOTE: If you merely pull a picture off of the internet and upload that, you will NOT receive credit for this assignment. I am NOT asking you to find one, I am asking you to MAKE one. IF you use a resource to guide your work (a picture online, for example), you need to CITE IT. 4
After you have completed ONE of the above options, please answer the following questions:
1. Which company or group of companies in your analysis seem to be especially well-positioned within their environment? Explain your answer.
2. Conversely, which company or group of companies in your analysis seem to be positioned poorly within their environment? Explain your answer.
3. If you were a consultant called in to one of the companies you mentioned in your answer to question 2, what steps would you instruct them to take to better position themselves within their competitive landscape