Competencies Addressed in This Assignment
In this assignment, the criteria in your Connecting Your Learning Scoring Guide are directly aligned to all of the competencies for the course.
- Competency 1: Apply penology and corrections theory.
- Competency 2: Analyze corrections-related processes.
- Competency 3: Analyze reform movements related to corrections systems.
- Competency 4: Utilize criminal behavior assessments.
- Competency 5: Communicate effectively in writing.
Throughout this course, you have explored the fields of penology and corrections. You have analyzed the evolution of corrections, probation, and parole processes, and evaluated the effects associated with corrections and reform movements. You have also analyzed criminal behavior assessments that help to determine offender placement and incarceration alternatives. Trends and future directions were explored. Connections were made to current events and career opportunities throughout the criminal justice system. In your Unit 10 assignment, you will reflect on these connections.
Prepare a 4–6 page paper focused on the course competencies (1 to 1.5 pages per competency for Competencies 1 through 4). Address two key areas of learning for each competency. Competency 5 will be showcased through your coverage of Competencies 1–4. This paper should showcase your learning proficiency and describe the importance of your learning relative to application in a career context. This assignment should be placed in your ePortfolio for future reference and to demonstrate your learning connections for future employment purposes.
Be sure to review the Connecting Your Learning Scoring Guide to ensure you understand the criteria for this assignment and for the overall course project.
- Written communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
- Number of references: 3–5 peer-reviewed references.
- Length of paper: 4–6 typed, double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.