- Explore the five stages of listening and explain how individuals can increase listening accuracy at each stage.
- Analyze the four barriers to effective listening and how to overcome them.
- Review the basics of the active listening response in the textbook and in the learning activities assigned for this module.
- Use the active listening response in a real conversation.
- Write a three to five page summary of how active listening techniques affected the conversation. How was this conversation different than others you’ve had with this individual? How will this exercise affect your communication behavior in the future?