Unit 2 – Individual Project
Respond to the scenario below with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. Be substantive and clear, and use research to reinforce your ideas.
Now that you have gained an understanding of Red Carpet, Leroy has asked you to join in on a preliminary meeting with the VP of HR and other members of the organization to discuss change. The meeting was very tense because many employees are unsure of their role in the change process. In fact, the VP of HR has not settled yet on what type of change is needed or how to start up the change process. After the meeting, Leroy asked you to prepare an executive summary that could be provided to the VP of HR that would help to address these concerns.
Review the Red Carpet scenario for this course and prepare a 750–1000 word executive report that includes the following:
- In your opinion, what does Red Carpet need to change? Should the change be transformational, developmental or transitional and why?
- What employees or employee groups should be included in the change process and why?
- What do you recommend Red Carpet do to begin the change process?
Unit 4 – Individual Project
Now that the VP of HR has been briefed on the results of your focus group, she has asked you to work with Leroy to prepare a change management plan that could be used at Red Carpet. Leroy thinks it is important to use a set of steps from an established change model to guide the change process. He has recommended the OD Action Research Model, Appreciative Inquiry, and Kotter’s 8 Step Model as potential alternatives. But, the VP of HR wants to know all of the details, so Leroy has decided to partner with you to give a presentation to the VP of HR and make decision-making a collaborative effort. She is also concerned about the potential resistance to change at Red Carpet, so Leroy thinks it’s important to cover this in the presentation as well.
Review the Red Carpet scenario for this course and prepare a 4 slide PowerPoint presentation that describes your change management recommendations, including the following:
- In your opinion, which one of the following change models will be best for Red Carpet’s change process: the OD Action Research Model, Appreciative Inquiry, or Kotter’s Eight Step Model?
- What are the set of steps of the model you chose?
- What are the pros and cons of the model you chose?
- Considering the organizational culture of Red Carpet, how will the organization use communication to overcome resistance to change?
Unit 5 – Individual Project
Leroy has greatly enjoyed collaborating with you on the presentation. He reviewed the first part of the presentation and decided some additional material would help the VP of HR understand the change process you are proposing. In the second part, he would like you to develop some potential interventions or solutions to Red Carpet’s challenges. He also wants to know how to implement the interventions considering Red Carpet structure and culture so that the change plan can be more concrete. In the end, Red Carpet with need some means to evaluate the success of the interventions to make sure that they were effective. So, including this information will also be important to the VP of HR. Red Carpet is seeking long-term success with this change, so Leroy would like you to include a forward-thinking statement regarding the future of Red Carpet after the change. In no time, you and Leroy will be riding the elevator to the 27th floor with a beautiful view of Philadelphia and he is confident that your collaborative effort will be well received.
Review the Red Carpet scenario for this course, revise Part 1 of the Key Assignment based on your instructor’s feedback, and add an additional 3 slides to the presentation that addresses the following:
- What interventions would you recommend to address the challenges at Red Carpet?
- How will you implement the interventions in the organization?
- How will you evaluate the success of the change process at Red Carpet?