With the merger of your company with a multinational company, you have come to realize that progressive solutions are necessary to defray some of the associated information technology costs. Company executives believe that using cloud technology and virtualization is becoming the standard for companies that are engaged in Internet-based technologies. Your company is on the verge of global marketing and competition; therefore, your company needs to make smarter decisions and improve global business performance. Cloud technology and virtualization are believed to provide business insights without enormous infrastructure enhancements. The executive board is aware of the profound benefits of cloud technology and virtualization but is apprehensive because they are unfamiliar with the look and feel of the technology. The executive team is interested in your recommendations and eagerly waiting for your forward-thinking viewpoint.
Section 1: Design Document
1. Write a four to six (4-6) page design document in which you:
a. Support the need for the use of cloud technology and virtualization within the company.
b. Assess expected cost savings in hardware infrastructure.
c. Determine the possible reductions of human capital that can be realized from implementing cloud and virtualization technologies.
d. Create a diagram through the use of Microsoft Visio or an open source alternative such as Dia to illustrate how cloud and virtualization technology could align with the company’s business processes and assist with attainment of organizational goals. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length but must be included in the design document appendix.
e. Provide a compelling recommendation for solution providers and partners that could help the company secure a firm competitive advantage by using cloud and virtualization technologies.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Must have introduction and conclusion.
· All paragraphs must be labeled.
· All paragraphs (except introduction and conclusion) must have in-text citations.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
Section 2: Revised Project Plan
Use Microsoft Project to:
1. Update the project plan (summary and detail) template, from Project Deliverable 3: Project Plan Inception, with three to five (3-5) newproject tasks, each consisting of five to ten (5-10) subtasks.