You have been hired as a consultant to improve communication between the engineering and marketing staff in a large high-technology company.
- Use the communication model and the four ways to improve that process to devise strategies to improve communication effectiveness among employees between these two work units.
Cite ideas from McShane and VonGlinlow (2013) Chapter 9 to support your response.
Please be sure:
- To support your response with credible sources and examples (Encouraged, not required).
- All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced (listed at the end of all responses); paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying in text citations.
To get more value out of DBs:
- Online DBs are similar to face-to-face conversations. Real conversation requires that you give extended responses (a minimal response, an explanation or anecdote, a question of your own).
- Self-edit, know your subject matter, read up, research to see what others are saying, think about what you are going to say, gather your thoughts, make an outline, express concisely.
- To add depth, breadth, credibility, and validity to your submission add research component in your responses, make sure to list, and cite the sources in the text.
- End your submission in a way that it grabs the attention of other students, encouraging collaborative thinking, a multiplicity of viewpoints and perspectives.
- Use Socratic Method (“what,” “how,” “why” questions are open-ended and invite further discussion; “can,” “are,” and “do” questions are closed).
McShane, S. L., & Von Glinow, M. A. (2013). Organizational behavior: Emerging knowledge, global reality (6th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill/Irwin.