- How many grams of saturated fat does this
food contain per serving?
- If a person were to eat 2 servings of this
product, how many calories from fat
would they consume? Remember fat has 9
- On the label shown the % Daily Value for
sodium is provided as well as the milligrams (mg) of sodium. How does this amount compare to the sodium recommendation/limit?
- Would you consider this a high or low sodium
food? (hint: refer to daily value for sodium)
Explain your rationale:
- Approximately what percentage of calories
from fat are provided in one serving? Remember fat has 9 calories per gram and will need to do a little math here.
- How many grams of carbohydrate would you
consume if you consumed 2 servings?
- In 1 serving of this food, how many calories
are derived from sugar? Hint: sugar is a
carbohydrate (and we learned about this in the text).
- Is this product a significant source of vitamins
or minerals? (hint: >10% represents a
9. Would you recommend this product? Why
or why not? Be specific and thorough to demonstrate your understanding of label reading.