Recently, she started an exercise program to build her muscles. She reports her personal trainer is a body builder and suggested that she starts taking Creatinine to help build her muscles, and Coenzyme Q10, an antioxidant. The trainer suggested to start these 2 supplements at the same time when she begins working out. She also takes Kava Kava for anxiety and garlic to help lower her blood pressure.
Past medication history includes: Type II diabetes since age 19, High blood pressure, Recurrent deep vein thrombosis.
1. After reviewing the patient’s medication list, state your findings and explain your concerns in detail.
2. What additional information would you obtain? Please discuss rationale.
3. Give your recommendations to manage this patient’s medications?
4. Provide patient education.
5. If your plan is to prescribe a medication/s, create a prescription and discuss, what are the important components necessary on the packaging or on the label?