This paper is a 6 part paper and I need step 3 completed. I have attached what has been written so far and the paper is on Publix and Walmart.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR): Corporate initiative to assess and take responsibility for the company’s effects on the environment and impact on social welfare. The term generally applies to company efforts that go beyond what may be required by regulators or environmental protection groups.
Corporate social responsibility may also be referred to as “corporate citizenship” and can involve incurring short-term costs that do not provide an immediate financial benefit to the company, but instead promote positive social and environmental change. (www.investopedia.com)
Purpose of Assignment: It is a commonly held belief that many smaller businesses appreciate their customers more, hold themselves to higher environmental standards, and value the communities in which they serve. It is the purpose of this assignment for students to research, analyze, and make rational decisions on the best ways for companies to uphold CSR.
Students will work individually, in order to gain a better understanding of how CSR impacts all areas of a business’ operations. Students will not only research to see what companies have done in the past and what issues have arisen, but also make recommendations for future decisions based on the critical thinking model utilized in this course.
Goals of Assignment:
- Research two (2) companies in the same industry. One company will be a large national or multinational firm, and the other will be a local or regional company.
- Use the various models of CSR to analyze the decisions and operations of each company.
- Provide opportunities to display Critical Thinking outside of the classroom and with real-world situations
Ethics in the Workplace
- After researching the company, decide on how corporate culture views the relationship with employees as Intrinsically motivated or Instrumentally motivated.
- Discuss any conflicts of interest that may arise between the various stakeholders in each company.
- Have their been any privacy issues in the past with the selected companies?
- If so, then please detail the reaction and any steps the companies could have taken to better resolve the problem.
- If not, then please identify potential issues that could arise with technology at the job site or with activities on off hours.