Research, identify and discuss the 4 basic functions of management. Also, explain which function you feel is most important and why.
- Most basic function of management
- Define team goals
- Develop strategies for reaching goals
- Design ways to merge and coordinate team’s activities
- Organizing tasks to accomplish the organization’s goals
- Decide what tasks are to be done and who will do them
- Motivate employees
- Positively influence individuals or teams as they perform tasks
- Mentor and coach employees
- Handle employee behavior issues
- Evaluate if things are going as planned
- Monitor and evaluate employee performance
- Correct any employee issues
The requirements below must be met for your paper to be accepted and graded:
- Write between 500 – 750 words (approximately 2 – 3 pages) using Microsoft Word.
- Attempt APA style.
- Use font size 12 and 1” margins.
- Include cover page and reference page.
- Use at least two references from outside the course material, preferably.
Reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) must be identified in the paper and listed on a reference page.Reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) must come from sources such as, scholarly journals found in EBSCOhost, online newspapers such as The Wall Street Journal, government websites, etc. Sources such as Wikis, Yahoo Answers, eHow, etc. are not acceptable.