Topic: Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
This course requires the completion of a term paper analyzing and synthesizing information on one of the topics covered in class, or of the student’s choice with approval by the instructor. The paper should include an introduction indicating why the student is interested in the topic, a review of professional literature on the topic, and a discussion section analyzing the applicability of the topic to life and to the student’s career goals. The completed paper will be submitted to the instructor through Turn-it-in link on Canvas. (50 points total).
This synthesis paper must adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Must follow APA format (title page, table of contents, abstract, organization into sections/subsections, correct headings, citations within paper, and list of references)
2. Must be typed, double spaced, and in 12pt. font of an academically acceptable typeface.
3. Must be no more than 8 pages in length and no less than 6 pages in length excluding title page, table of content, abstract, and list of references.
4. Must include at least 5 references from other professional psychology sources besides the textbook such as books, published articles, and information from professional organizations’ websites. (A list of the references in APA format must be attached to the paper).
5. Any information that is not originally from the student must be supported with citations from professional psychology sources. Plagiarism will lead to a failing grade for the paper, or for the course, depending on the gravity.
6. Must demonstrate appropriate use of grammar, sentence structure, punctuation, and writing mechanics.
Scoring guide for the Paper:
30 – 50 points: 1) Paper analyzes and synthesizes information on the chosen topic including an introduction indicating why the students is interested in the topic, a review of professional literature on the topic, and discussion analyzing the applicability of the topic to life and the student’s career goals. 2) Information presented is well supported with proper citations and references, all written in APA format, and 3) paper is written in a clear, understandable manner, without grammatical, structural, spelling problems.